Five Easy and Impactful Changes to Make Before Listing
We rarely recommend investing a ton of money in improvements before selling your home. Instead, we usually suggest a few small, inexpensive changes that have a significant impact on the show-ability of your property.
- Paint – A little paint can go a long way in sprucing up a room and is very cost-effective. When listing your property for sale, neutral and light is best. Consider painting any polarizing or dark wall colors with a more subtle gray, beige, or white to tone things down. Paint will make the room feel lighter, fresher, and likely a little bigger as well.
- Fixtures & Hardware- Swapping out any dated light fixtures/ceiling fans/faucets and hardware can be another easy way to make your home feel more current without breaking the bank. Go for something with a more contemporary/neutral finish. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to make a significant impact.
- Light Bulbs – It’s incredible how many homes have burned out or mismatched light bulbs. Swapping out all bulbs for a consistent and bright bulb will make a big difference. We usually recommend a soft or warm white bulb with the maximum wattage that is safe for the fixture.
- Flooring – Consider replacing any old carpeting or flooring. There are a variety of low-cost products, durable and easy to install products on the market now that look incredible. Stick to one or two styles to create a consistent flow in the home and make the rooms feel bigger
- Improve Curb Appeal – The front of the home is the first impression a prospective buyer has of your property. Sprucing up the grounds and exterior of your home can go a long way and typically can be accomplished inexpensively. Weed, mow and add some color with plants/seasonal items.
You might be surprised by the impact that these few small changes can make! Give them a try!